Customer and Visitor Expectations
Pink Kitten Dance School (The Studio) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the studio cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Studio could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
Attending the studio
- You should only come to class if you are well and no one in your household is self-isolating.
- You will be asked to sign a new disclaimer confirming you understand the risks associated with indoor exercise due to COVID 19. This will be part of the online booking process for group classes
- Wherever possible, come ready in your exercise/dance wear and please don’t bring items you don’t need with you to class
- Social distance at all times whilst on the property
- Please notify the studio of any allergies prior to booking due to the enhanced cleaning we have put in place
Arriving / Leaving the Building
Our Studios are in a communal building where we share access and stairwells with other businesses.
We have added extra time between classes to reduce the risk of students and instructors leaving and entering the building at the same time and will have our studio doors open to increase ventilation and reduce the surfaces you need to touch.
Please make sure you enter the studio by the designated entrance for that studio View here
However, as the communal areas are out of our control we would request that you take additional care entering and exiting the building and take the following precautions
- When entering and leaving the building stay 2 metres apart or 1 meter with mitigations
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before class
- Try to avoid touching anything unnecessarily in the communal stairwell
- If you need to pass anyone on the stairs, allow them to move by you whilst you maintain your distance on the landing
- Avoid touching your face
- Wash and or sanitise your hands for at least 20 seconds on arrival in the studio and dry them with disposable towels
- Hand Sanitiser will also be provided at the entrance to each studio
- To maintain social distancing, class sizes will be limited depending on studio area and social distancing. New limits can be found on the booking system and HERE
- Everyone will have their own pole, hoop or silk – this includes the instructor
Social Distancing & hygiene
- During your class you must stay 2 meters apart from any other occupant or 1m with mitigations. In pole classes please warm up on your allocated spot and move straight to your pole.
- Signage and/or floor markings will be put in place to encourage a 2 metre distance where it is feasible for us to do this
- You must wash/sanitise your hands, on arrival for a minimum of 20 seconds and after the class has ended. (Pink Kitten Studio Customers will be directed to the hand washing facilities by the instructor)
- Soap, water and hand sanitiser will be provided and you should make use of them frequently Everyone must agree to us using their information/contact details in line with Track and Trace requirements.
- You should proceed to your allocated pole/ hoop /silk once you’ve finished hand washing and picked up your box – you must keep all belongings with you at all times
- No spectators are allowed (unless you are attending a children’s class)
- Windows and doors should be always be open please do not close them as this will reduce the ventilation
- In line with current COVID ventilation requirements, No fans may be used
- Music will be kept at a low level to avoid unnecessary shouting
- Towels and paper towels will be provided – you shouldn’t bring your own towel to pole classes. A bag/box will be provided for soiled towels.
- You’ll be asked to clean the poles once the class has finished – Cleaning products will be provided
- Customers must not congregate after class in the studio and the communal areas/changing areas will not be in use
- Class times will be staggered to avoid cross over between classes
- If you are attending a stretch class you will need to bring your own clean yoga mat (and blocks if you need them) If you forget or do not have them we will be hiring out items for £1 and item ( this is to cover cleaning and wear and tear from increased cleaning with strong chemicals)
- Anything left in the studio after classes will be destroyed – so please check you have everything before you leave.
- The toilet will be in use but must be wiped down with disinfectant wipes (provided) after each use by the person using it. Ie: Seat, seat lid flush Please DO NOT FLUSH the disinfectant wipes or blue roll down the loo!
Social Distancing Exceptions
Pink Kitten Dance School understand that there will be times where it is not possible to follow the 2m social distancing guidelines in full in relation to a particular activity. On these occasions, 1m distance with mitigation is acceptable.
- Staff and clients working side by side or facing away from each other rather than face-to-face if possible. (eg rigging)
- When an instructor is demonstrating on their equipment, you will be asked to stand back – do not use your pole when a demonstration is in place
- When performing extended moves such as superman or layouts you will be asked to perform these facing away from the nearest pole
- If students want to purchase drinks or merchandise, the instructor should take these from the shop to avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces
- Any merchandise tried on and not purchased must be put aside for 24 hours before being put back out
- Face covering where spotting is required
- Face covering when walking around the building is required where possible.
Pink Kitten lessons are pre planned and will usually not involve tricks that require close spotting. Spotting will be reserved for safety only. Instructors will plan their lessons with appropriate regressions and progressions to reduce further the amount of spotting that may be needed.
- You will only be spotted if the risk of safety is higher than the risk of COVID 19.ie – If this is to save you from falling or injury.
- Please do not attempt tricks that are outside out your current ability your instructor will help you safely progress towards the moves you are working towards
- If you want an instructor to spot you and they agree to this, it will be explained to you that you will be in close contact with the instructor and the increased risks associated with this
- Masks must be worn by both parties where spotting is agreed to. However, The studio strongly recommend that lessons should not involve tricks that require spotting and it should be reserved for safely only
- Please do not take offense if your instructor determines you are not ready to progress – this is for the health and safety of everyone in the class
- You must alert the studio at Info@pinkkittendanceschool.com if you develop any symptoms of COVID 19 within one week of attending a class or have been in close contact with anyone who has developed symptoms within 7 days of being at a class
- You must not attend the studio if you are sick (even if you are sure it’s just hayfever)
- If you are visibly sick, coughing or sneezing you will be asked to leave – please do not take offence, this is for the safety of our staff and other customers
- You must not return to class within 14 days of experiencing symptoms or being in contact with anyone with symptoms
- If testing is available you may be asked to provide a negative test result before being able to attend classes
Track and trace
- It may be necessary to share data concerning your health with the public health authority and other members of staff and customers as we are obligated to protect the health and safety of all staff and customers.
- You may be contacted if you have been in close contact with someone that is later confirmed to have COVID19
If you are unsure of any of the requirements or have any questions, please contact the office